setting d-i frontend

Jeffrey Malewski jmlwsk at toast.net
Fri Mar 1 04:09:17 UTC 2013

Hello,
I need to reset debian-installer frontend to text mode for compatability
with speakup. I was wondering if I can do that with a preseed file rather
than having to do that at the boot prompt. I'm also seeing that the screen
reader option that used to be in the access options menu <F5> is no longer
available. I'd like to use that option to hook my preseed thereby allowing
the end user to select which server config to install and still have the
benefit of a screen reader during the install.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff