Automatic Preseeding oem-config on the Nexus7

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 15:53:36 UTC 2013

On 20 February 2013 01:36, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have pushed lp:~ubuntu-nexus7/ubuntu-nexus7/preseed which allows to
> automatically pressed oem-config on the nexus7 to the point where
> default desktop is started fully unattended.

A new update has been pushed.
I have uploaded ac100-tarball-installer that will copy and setup the
network if available in the initramfs.
I have uploaded upstart with support for "reboot -f bootloader" (one
has to force for now, so e.g. filesystem will not be cleanly
unmounted, but it does get you back into fastboot mode)
And I updated ./prepare-preseed command in the
lp:~ubuntu-nexus7/ubuntu-nexus7/preseed to automatically pull in
network configuration.

This means that as of next image build, one can automatically preseed
ubuntu nexus image, add hooks to do stuff like utah/autopilot tests
and reboot back into initial state unattended.

Work items have been updated on the blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-android-image-builds

I will blog about this once all the pieces land in the archive.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.