NM config after PXE/NFS live CD install

Bernard Gray bernard_gray at debortoliwines.com
Wed Apr 10 00:07:14 UTC 2013

I use an upstart script to rewrite the /etc/network/interfaces - I also
boot with the toram switch, which makes the network requirement less
critical. I'm not sure how a non-toram booted machine would handle it.

upstart script:
===

# fll-dbw-pxebootdetect - do some hacks specific to pxebooted systems

description     "configure network manager to behave normally on pxe booted
machine"

start on (local-filesystems
          and started dbus
          and static-network-up)

script
        if ! grep -q "netboot=nfs" /proc/cmdline; then
                # we are not pxebooted
                exit 0
        else
                # fix NM "unmanaged interface" issue
                cat > /etc/network/interfaces < EOF
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
EOF
                service network-manager restart
        fi
end script

===

PS I'm quite new to mailing lists, I receive this in a digest, I'm hoping
I've done the right thing to get this reply through :/
--

Bernard Gray