Get gdm autologin to work

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 5 11:40:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 12:24:42PM EST, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on the Ubuntu GNOME Remix. I'm trying to figure out
> how to set GDM to autologin in the live environment, but not have
> those changes persist after installation.

I am not sure if anybody has helped you with this since this mail, but your best bet is probably a casper script. This is how lightdm autologin is done, same for KDE etc. A script in scripts/casper-bottom is the way to go. Either in the casper package, or another package for the live environment that places the script in the initramfs under scripts/casper-bottom.

Luke