Installer crashes on kernel install if using more than 1 squashfs file where kernel resides on 2nd squashfs file

Tony B tb6517 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 19:57:15 UTC 2011

I also briefly was on IRC.

I am Tony the guy from Remastersys - the tool to backup or make a distribution from and Ubuntu install.

Colin - I spoke with you a while back about being able to use more than 1 squashfs file and I finally tried it.  The live system comes up fine but the installer is unable to install it as it only mount the first squashfs file under /rofs where the source of the copy is.  The other squashfs files get mounted under /media/loop1 /media/loop2, etc but these aren't available to the installer.  The installer fails at the part where it tries to copy the kernel as I have it in another squashfs file(loop1).

This may be more related to the live casper system as it would probably be easier to make that add all loop mounts to /rofs I'm assuming.  As it is /rofs is mounted read only so you can't link on its folder or anything to add the other squashfs files folders so the installer can use them.

As I said the live system works great but you just can't install it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if I figure anything out I'll post back as well.

Regards,
Tony