Ubiquity preseed

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 19 15:28:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 02:40:53AM +0400, Alex Kohen wrote:
> Hi. I need to setup my Ubuntu system on LVM. Could i use preseed file to
> make the Ubiquity automatically create logical volume for root filesystem
> and install the system on it? Is it possible at all?

I'm afraid that Ubiquity does not support LVM right now.  You should be
able to do what you're asking using d-i (i.e. the alternate or server
install images).  The installation guide's preseeding appendix documents
this:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/appendix-preseed.html

Cheers,