kubuntu slideshow

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:00:55 GMT 2010

> I've gone ahead and made the necessary changes to ubiquity (r3651,
> r3652).  I've also changed ubiquity-slideshow to put the
> ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu files in
> /usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu, so it doesn't conflict with
> ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu (r183.1.1).

Excellent, thanks Evan!
I agree with that change. Should all future packaging place the
slideshow content in unique paths, instead
of /usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow?

Two things I'm about to do and should probably get feedback on:

I'm about to merge all the translation templates for this, so we end up
with kubuntu.pot and ubuntu.pot. I _think_ Launchpad is smart enough to
keep the old strings when that happens (and, if not, I can merge them
myself), and it will make life a lot easier.

For alpha 3 to beta 2, I want to add a note for testers in the
slideshow's intro and exit pointing out that, if they see any issues, it
would be appreciated if they report them to the
ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu package.

Bye,
Dylan