kubuntu slideshow

Evan Dandrea evand at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 15 16:25:25 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Roman Shtylman <shtylman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great! Will anything need to be updated in the installer codebase to
> handle this?

I've gone ahead and made the necessary changes to ubiquity (r3651,
r3652).  I've also changed ubiquity-slideshow to put the
ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu files in
/usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu, so it doesn't conflict with
ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu (r183.1.1).

> This also introduces a new package (ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu); do we
> need to do anything to get that package approved to inclusion onto the
> cds?

Since the source package is already in main and this is just a new
binary, there was no need for a main inclusion request.  I uploaded
ubiquity-slideshow 12, waited for an archive admin to process binary
NEW (http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+queue), and then added it to
the Kubuntu live seed
(lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/kubuntu.lucid), so that it would be
pulled onto the live CD build.

The latest daily-live CDs have it
(http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/).

Great work guys.  Thanks!