Customizing LiveCD installer

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:20:32 BST 2010

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Daniel John FitzGerald
<basicmanfitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> How could I hack the LiveCD to either (1) include the desired pacakages
> uninstalled and then pick them up during the installation process, or
> (2) have the Ubuntu installer fetch them from our corporate
> repositories?

If you want to install something  different than the things on the
live CD, you should read the documentation about customizing the D-I
installer.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization

It gives you some more possibilities to customize the installation,
for example run a random script at the end of the installation - which
could fetch and install any type of package, iven non-deb packages. I
realized when doing something similar that it also includes more
possibilities to customize hard disk layout.

Henning