Installing extra (non-live) packages using Ubiquity

William Shallum william at shallum.net
Mon May 4 01:18:14 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to customize the Ubuntu 8.10 Live CD. How should I install
a package that's not contained in the live squashfs image? I don't
want these packages to run on the live image, but I want these
packages to be installed if the user installs the image. There's a
pool directory in the livecd but it contains very few packages. Should
I put the packages in the pool structure?

In the preseeding documentation it says that to install extra
packages, "d-i pkgsel/include" should be used, but in the
UbiquityAutomation wiki page it says that pkgsel doesn't work with
ubiquity. What should I do?

Thanks,
William