Plugins

Michael Terry michael.terry at canonical.com
Mon Jul 20 15:39:57 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 10:04 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 08:50 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> >  Unfortunately since mythbuntu installs don't use install.py directly,
> > but instead a mythbuntu_install.py that overrides some of the "core"
> > functionalities that need to be disabled or implemented differently,
> > this may need a little more massaging.

OK, I've made some changes to the spec to allow progress reporting and
to not specify either glade or gtkbuilder (pages just pass back a widget
object).  There hasn't been any major outcries over the spec, so I'm
going to look into implementing it.

I think my proof-of-concept will be to convert the mythbuntu frontend
into a plugin, just because it would represent the most ambitious sort
of thing we would want to allow in a plugin (multi-page, replaces core
pages, changes install logic).  I should encounter useful difficulties
by doing that.

Unless people (Mario?) are changing the mythbuntu frontend a lot now.
Else I can just look at trying to convert the core pages which would
also stretch the spec, I imagine.

I'll continue to update the spec, so subscribe if you're particularly
interested.  I'll also keep a branch going: lp:~mterry/ubiquity/plugins

--
mterry • Canonical