UbiquitySlideshow specification Wiki page shock and horror

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 15 17:21:26 BST 2009

Hi Even

Evan Dandrea wrote:
> I think the assumption that WebKit is too much overhead is incorrect,
> as we've discussed here before.  As mentioned, we should be getting
> WebKitGtk as part of the Gwibber MIR

So that means space on the disc isn't much of an issue, but what about
memory usage? Ubiquity already has some trouble on low-memory systems.
Will there be a switch to disable slideshows in Ubiquity for derivatives
for low-memory systems? I checked on the blueprint and the wiki spec and
didn't see any mention of it.

-Jonathan