Wubi re-write for 9.04 (Was: Request for technical details on wubi)

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:55:48 GMT 2009

2009/2/25 Evan Dandrea <evand at ubuntu.com>:
> Of course, it is not the plan to have an untranslated Wubi in the 9.04
> release.

Of course. With programs rewritten and new ones being created, and not
having seen i18n testing as a mandatory process requirement at
Canonical (except for the Ubuntu philosophy), I just fear for the
cases where it could be just simply forgotten. But things have been
getting better also regarding these aspects.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/wubi/+bug/334244

This was a good pointer, thank you.

> You should be able to run it from a regular Ubuntu desktop with "make
> test" in the bzr tree.  If that's failing, I'd suggest filing a bug.

There is no test target, but there are a few others. I get build
errors with those (like runbin or wubi) but I have to check it further
later.

-Timo