kubuntu slideshow

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:20:35 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 22:37 -0500, Roman Shtylman wrote:
> Another attempt at getting a kubuntu slideshow :)
>
> This should also help in making things like a ubuntu netbook or
> kubuntu netbook slideshow possible under one branch.
>
> lp:~shtylman/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/kubuntu-slideshow
>
> ~Roman

Wow, excellent stuff, Roman! I was just about to go and do that myself,
and you made it happen. This is delightful :)
(And I already want to try KDE again).

A bit more fiddling will make sense (in particular, the pos will need to
be merged into one per derivative for sanity's sake. I also want to make
index.html less complex by moving the funny stuff to a separate js
file).

Anyway, merging right now! ...So, consider the approach official.

Thanks again,

Dylan

PS: I am going to put the code to pick an ideal locale inside the
slideshow (in that shared js file), so Ubiquity should just pass the
full locale string and expect everything else to happen on its own, as
before. Although probably more efficient, that proposed change of mine
was ugly and complex.