Fwd: rejecting ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu

Evan Dandrea evand at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 5 15:09:24 BST 2009

Wow, that branch looks amazing.  I showed it to a few people here at
the Karmic sprint and the engineers seem to be quite happy with it.
We'll see how the design team feels once they've seen it, but I'm keen
to make the next upload attempt from this branch, or with this branch
merged into trunk.

It was suggested by another developer that we use the original SVG
sources instead of pre-rendered PNGs as it a) saves us a fair amount
of space, and b) we have to include the SVG files in the source tree
for any GPL'ed image that we include.  Webkit can obviously handle
rendering SVGs and CSS transforms to add reflections.  I'm going to
spend a few minutes today trying to sort this out, but any help will
be much appreciated as I also need to focus on migration-assistant
work.

Thanks,
Evan