boot direct from an iso

ago agostino.russo at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:11:49 BST 2008

To clarify my previous email,

Wubi used to have a similar installation option in gutsy, it is no
longer available via the GUI, but the code is still there and in fact
wubi makes use of it. Hence looking at the generated menu.lst can
provide a good starting point. Wubi also extracts kernel+initrd from
the iso.

There was some renaming of parameters in hardy cycle (and possibly
even in gutsy) at least for what concerns the kernel parameter that
searches for an iso on available volumes. Used to be called find-iso,
now it should be ???/iso-scan.

Apologies if cannot be more precise, but I am travelling and cannot
access the code at the moment. That is in lupin project, under
casper/scripts/casper-premount/??iso-scan (iirc).

Ago