Using custom_installation

ago agostino.russo at
Tue Mar 25 01:03:57 GMT 2008

Place preseed.cfg inside a directory (say custom-installation) and
pass the directory path as a boot argument
(debian-installer/custom-installation). You can look at the folder
structure and boot arguments of a wubi installation as an example. I
was supposed to write some docs but was waiting for the interface to
stabilize (was also proposing to have similar hooks in the alternate
CD installer for instance and if/once that is implemented things might
change slightly).

Lupin was mostly designed to support wubi/loopinstallations, as of
today I wasn't aware of anyone else making use of the package
directly... That said I agree that generalizing it would be a good
approach and I do not think that addressing 2 and 3 would create any
issue regarding wubi, but we are in feature freeze. Best bet is to
open a bug report in launchpad.