No subject

Thu Jun 12 23:09:36 BST 2008

ignores the debconf 'seen' flag which allows the installer to be invoked
several times in a session.

This has the side effect of ignoring any preseeding, which is where the
'automatic' option comes into play, by having ubiquity respect the
'seen' flag and not present the user with any questions that have
already been answered.

Which means, ubiquity can be preseeded and run non-interactively.
What Liraz was getting at is that ubiquity cannot be run *interactively*
on the console with frontends such as whiptail, dialog, etc.

di-live relies on the frontend debconf is configured to use, which can
be any one of whiptail/dialog, readline, noninteractive, gnome, etc...

I hope this clears up an misunderstandings.

Cheers,
Alon