Alternative methods for inserting preseed files

ago agostino.russo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:10:11 GMT 2007

Hmm, my understanding was that the objective was to create a "feature
that will allow
users to automatically install Ubuntu from CDs they have".

I assume that what Joshua wants is to grab the existing desktop CD,
boot it via a local kernel/initrd/bootloader, and pass a custom
preseed available on some other local device and possibly add some
extra packages and customizations not on the original CD. This is very
similar to what Wubi is doing, the fact that a VM is used does not
change much, in fact this is exactly my testing environment...