No subject

Tue Jul 10 10:02:55 BST 2007

A) check whether an appropriate CD is inserted, preselect the
appropriate ubuntu flavor and change the branding accordingly. Q1: in
this case, shall we allow to select a different flavor which will
require an ISO download?

B) before downloading the ISO, check again if the desired CD is inserted
(assuming yes to Q1) and avoid download. Q2: shall we extract the ISO
from the CD or assume that the CD-Rom will be inserted after a reboot?

C) extract the kernel/initrd from the ISO/CD in order to reduce the size
of wubi.exe (now kernel and initrd are bundled within the windows
frontend).

There are a few more implications regarding the initrd used in the
live/alternate CD which depend on what of the 4 scenarios above are to
be supported.

Ago