Automatic partitioning on Ubuntu 7.04

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 15 14:26:17 BST 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:30:02AM -0700, J David Eisenberg wrote:
> Here is my ks.cfg file (comment lines removed to save space; blank
> lines added for readability)
> #====================
> keyboard us
> mouse
> timezone --utc America/Los_Angeles
> rootpw --disabled
> user superuser --fullname "Super User" --iscrypted --password
> $1$tqSDxdlI$Im7dQsfbZoJtzLIUaoUKG0
> reboot
> text
> install
> url --url http://192.168.0.1/ubuntu
> bootloader --location=mbr
> zerombr yes
>
> clearpart --linux --initlabel

'clearpart --linux' isn't supported at this point. You have to resort to
using 'clearpart --all' (which actually only clears the first disk at
the moment) or 'clearpart --drives /dev/sda' or whatever. clearpart is
unfortunately a bit tricky to implement on top of partman the way it is
now.

If you actually need to clear just the Linux partitions on a given disk,
I'm afraid you're a bit stuck at the moment.

Cheers,