preseed ldap-auth-config/rootbindpw

Ryan Lovett ryan at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Dec 28 20:48:43 GMT 2007

How do I preseed ldap-auth-config/rootbindpw ? While attempting an
automated install I was prompted for the password which gets written to the
filename specified below. debconf-get-selections dumped this from an
installed client as:

  ldap-auth-config	ldap-auth-config/rootbindpw	password

where the data in /var/cache/debconf/passwords.dat looks like this:

    Name: ldap-auth-config/rootbindpw
    Template: ldap-auth-config/rootbindpw
    Value:
    Owners: ldap-auth-config
    Flags: seen
    Variables:
     filename = /etc/ldap.secret
     package = ldap-auth-config

I can move ldap.secret into place at the filename defined by this stanza
during post if necessary, but how can I bypass the prompt?

I was able to successfully preseed ldap-auth-config's other data using

  preseed --owner ldap-auth-config ldap-auth-config/somevar sometype somevalue

Ryan