[ubuntu-in] regarding Java JRE versus openjdk

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:12:48 UTC 2014

Just start up synaptic and check what is installed by typing the two
keywords (as you have mentioned) or try this

apt-cache policy <package-name> (no sudo needed).

Not installed:

:/$ apt-cache policy openjdk

if you are unsure of the name use double tab to autocomplete the name / or
check in synaptic