[ubuntu-in] Need Help regarding packaging & Deployment of Java Application For Linux !!!!

Navdeep Singh Sidhu navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:48:00 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I need some suggestions & help for my project. I am making an application
more as Download Manager in JAVA for Linux. But i am not so expert in Linux
so i need to know following things:
1. how can i install this application in Linux ?
2. how to add in startup programs ?
3. Which is best  to create installer script(.sh) or .deb/.rpm file for
JAVA application?
4. How to create Launcher for Java Application in Linux?

My project is about to complete. So if any body have answers regarding my
question please reply asap.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Regards

Navdeep Singh.