[ubuntu-in] How to add char "ৰ" into bn-baraha.mim file

Swarup dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Wed Mar 21 19:01:32 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have sent the below mail to Gora Mohanty at <gora at sarai.net>, but this
email id does not seem to be active. Does anyone have a current email
address for him?

Also, if anyone can kindly help me with the below two issues, that would
be tremendously helpful...

--------------------------------------

Hello Gora,
I hope this email finds you well.

I am struggling a bit with the bn-baraha.mim file, trying to get it
functional. There are only two remaining changes I need to accomplish,
in order to get it working, and am hoping you can help me.

Here are the two issues:

1. Currently for the sound "ba", there is the character "ব" in place.
But I need to change it to "ৰ", and move "ব" to the "va" location. This
is so that I will be able to write Sanskrit shlokas using the Bengali
script. (Both "va" and "ba" are needed in Sanskrit).

I have been able to get the "ব" moved over to the "va" assignment in the
file. And, using another Bengali font I was able to put a "ৰ" character
in for the "ba" sound-- but I could not get it entered as ৰ - halant, as
would be required for proper functionality. So, that I need your help
with.

2. Currently, the Bengali equivalent of ऋ is not working. When I try to
type this character, it appears as "Rউ" . I tried, but could not get it
to work properly.

Thanking you for your kind help in this matter,
Best regards,
Swarup