[ubuntu-in] sms gateway set up

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:42:48 UTC 2012

Hi

my replies below

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > did anyone tried setting up SMS gateway using gammu or gnokii on Linux?
> or
> > suggest any other software for setting up SMS gateway using mobile phone
> or
> > GSM/GPRS modem.
>
> Not sure what you want to do exactly. But kannel is very popular SMS
> gateway software. I have never used it personally though. It is
> available in repositories. You can check if it satisfies your
> requirements.

@ Alok
Yes i have tried using the tools you mentioned - the problem was that the
software would refuse to interact with the chose mobile device (in my case
an nokia e 51). So the first crux to the problem is the device you use. Me
thinks that if that is fully compatible there should be no problem using
the software.

@ Onkar
will give kannal a go and see how it does with a e series nokia

**
An incase people are frustrated with the 200 SMS limit - see the following
news item about computer generated SMS's
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/cap-on-computer-borne-smses-waived-off/articleshow/11635404.cms

regards

Ram