[ubuntu-in] Debdelta and localepurge issue

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:16:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> So why exactly are you using localepurge? And why are you complaining
> about breakage in system?
>
> By the way if you hope to receive any help then at least post the
> error message you get when using debdelta?

Thanks for responding.
I do not have any major breakage in the system. Debdelta NEEDS the locale
files to recreate the .debs from the installed package and the downloaded
delta. In the absence of the locale files, debdelta returns an error "x
(number) of locales missing, hence package creation failed". So how can this
be now resolved? I have now removed pocalepurge, but some of the locales are
still missing. I had used locale purge to remove unnecessary files on the
system, but this is an unintended effect.

So

1. How to use debdelta and avoid having packages not created because of
 missing locale files. Is there a work around or is it an "either use
(debdelta)
 or use (localepurge) case"?

And completed unrelated to localepurge and debdelta

2. How to create a package download script from the command line (apt-get)
 that won't include the packages already existing/created using debdelta? I
 think synaptic includes those already present? Correct me if I am wrong?

Hope I am clear now.

--
Regards

Narendra Diwate