[ubuntu-in] Fwd: How to install Joomla in UBUNTU11.04

rajendra prasad siva edpurpose at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:21:23 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Finally with all your valuable tips I got succeed in installing LAMP in my
System. But when I tried to install Joomla CMS. I'm getting error
"No configuration file found ".

I did the following things to install Joomla:

1. Downloaded Joomla1.5.8 version zip file and  unzipped it.
2. Type command in terminal as "sudo nautilus"
3. browse to var/www folder and copied the unzipped folder (joomla1.5.8)
there.
4.Now I open browser and type http://localhost/joomla1.5.8
5. I got same wizards like i get in windows OS. I filled all the fields like
db name,host name, password and site name finally a success message came to
remove installation directory.
6. I deleted the folder install .
7.But when I finally click on site icon it is showing error message that
"No configuration file found ".
8. I noticed that there is no configuration.php file came in joomla folder
as it always craeted in general in my windows OS.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks & Regards,
SIVA