[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu friendly datacards (dongle)

Stereotactic maillist at postinbox.com
Sun Mar 20 03:49:17 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 10:21 PM, James Sebastian wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am looking for details on which datacards are supported on Ubuntu
> from different mobile service providers.
> Would be happy if any one can point any webpages listing them.
> I tried on http://ubuntu-in.info/wiki/ but could not locate anything.
>
> Regards
> James Sebastian
> http://musingsofjames.blogspot.com/

This is a good initiative. However, it is difficult to blame "Linux
Incompatibility" alone. They have antiquated drivers and pathetic
interface for a "dialer" in Windows. Most of the times, as mentioned,
customer care refuses to understand the issue and you are left high and
dry.

The best option, if possible, is access through Wifi. Luckily, most of
the cards now work in Ubuntu and I used to have a horrid time with those
creep Broadcom chips hunting down the forums for that possible fix with
every fresh installation. Its an imperfect world.