[ubuntu-in] Will unity interface show up in Intel 82845g graphics controller ?

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:14:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Nandan Vaidya <vaidya.nandan at gmail.com> wrote:

> It will most likely show the classic GNOME 2.x interface I presume. I do not
> know how much of Unity 2D is complete.

Intel chips (especially old ones) are better supported by graphics
drivers in terms of features. So theoretically 845 should be well
supported. I haven't seen a computer with 845 chip in a while. So I am
not sure how it copes up with performance requirements of today's 3D
software/interfaces.

If you have a good broadband connection with no bandwidth limit you
can simply try latest daily 'Live' build for Natty to check how it
works on your computer.

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.