[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Global Jam on 1-3 April

Nitesh Mistry mailbox at mistrynitesh.net
Wed Mar 2 06:03:46 UTC 2011

Hello all,

As many of you might have already heard/read about [0], Ubuntu Global Jam
(UGJ) [1] will be held from 1st to 3rd of April this year for Natty
release cycle.

UGJ is a global event (as the name suggests) where all the local
communities (LoCos) around the world participate to make Ubuntu better.
There are many ways to get involved as mentioned on the wiki page [1].

Though it is preferable to have this event organised in person, it is also
possible to conduct this event on irc. Considering that organising such
event in person on a pan-India level might be too cumbersome, I suggest we
have a irc event this time. If there are enough people (read 3 or more)
willing to gather in a particular city, they can also conduct an in-person
event in parallel.

For the irc event I suggest we gather at #ubuntu-in channel where more
experienced among us can make themselves available in guiding others to
triage bugs, documentation, translations, testing, etc.

The intention of this mail is to invite suggestions in planning UGJ India
event.

In short, lets rock together and make this Indian community shine globally.
:)

[0] http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/02/15/ubuntu-global-jam-call-for-events/
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

Nitesh Mistry | www.mistrynitesh.com
PGP key id: A6FEF696 | 'geekosopher' on freenode irc