[ubuntu-in] USB Mobile Broadband Service

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:51:48 UTC 2011

Hi

How do we address the issues of making it work the latest chipset provided
by the Service Provider to make it work on Ubuntu Desktops. I mean whenever
there is a new USB Mobile Broadband Service chipset available in Market how
do we make them work in Ubuntu. Do i need to update my Desktop to the latest
release every time ?

For example : I use Tata Photon + with EC1260 chipset which works in Ubuntu
10.10 but when i try to use the latest Tata Photon + with EC152 chipset it
does not work out of the box.

Please suggest/guide further.

Thanks

Kaushal