[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Need Support For Latest Hardware?

Navdeep Singh Sidhu navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:45:28 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Navdeep Singh Sidhu <navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Subject: Need Support For Latest Hardware?
To: ubuntu-devel-announce <ubuntu-devel-announce at lists.ubuntu.com>,
ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>, ubuntu-za <
ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>

As i wrote my problem some weeks ago, that Fedora 15 or any other linux
version didn't run on my Laptop.I got two problems:-
1. My screen goes Black on booting Linux.
2.I got Intel error with following message
 > - Dropping to debug shell.
 > sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
 > dracut:/#

 I can run any game or softwares on my system using windows. I'm possessed
with Linux,but i can't use Linux on my system.
 I have contacted Dell technical support for help regarding this problem.
They told me that there will be no option in BIOS to disable one of my
graphics card. So the problem remains same. They told me that nVIDIA is
primary graphics card in my laptop & Intel HD3000 is secondary graphics
card. And also as i'm using i-7 processor that support's some kind of
architecture that has to use both of graphics card & i can't disable any of
them. in short, they said that my laptop's hardware architecture supports
only both card option & i can't disable any of them. But i don't believe
them, there is no such architecture in which we can't disable one of the
graphics card. Hardware manu. companies designs motherboard in such way that
if one of graphics card fails (like let nVidia fails in most of the
cases)then automatically it switches to inbuilt VGA (Intel HD 3000) or
secondry vga. I'm not sure about my statement but i think so.

But if they are true, then this means any of linux distro can't support my
hardware. So we have to design such kernel that supports all the hardwares &
architectures. Can we design this kind of kernel? it doesn't matters what
the problem is, may be it is nvidia's optimus drivers that they have not
given to add in Linux kernel or any architecture problem that is not
supported by Linux. the main thing is that Linux Doesn't have solution for
both problem. It applies to all Distros. So can open source programmers
design such kernel or not ? Or i haave to wait for next 10 years to use
Linux on my Laptop.

Regards,
Navdeep Singh