[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Correction in mentioning linux (Please mention it as gnu/linux)

Ganesan Venkata Subramanian chickoo.iyer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:39:39 UTC 2011

Hi All

I think i should make a statement here. What makes an operating system. The
kernel as well as its utilities. Correct me if i am wrong. while saying
linux we are talking of only the kernel. Then where is the mention of the
utilities which make up the os. It is like mentioning the car engine which
represents only a part of the car.

Thanks & Regards

GANESAN VENKAT SUBRAMANIAN
Registered GNU/Linux user #409047
'I am what I am because of who we all are'