[ubuntu-in] Correction in mentioning linux (Please mention it as gnu/linux)

Manish Sinha mail at manishsinha.net
Wed Jan 26 18:51:26 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 06:52 PM, Ganesan Venkata Subramanian wrote:
> Hello All
>
> It is observed in the ML that every body is using the term LINUX
> instead of GNU/LINUX. Its should be corrected because GNU represents
> the GNU utils running over the LINUX Kernel. So we should attribute
> our credit to both the parts which makes such a beautiful OS. Hope
> this will be followed.

This has always been a huge debate.
I think I should start referring it as GNU/X/Compiz/Gnome/Linux instead
of Linux.

This old age discussion is fruitless. There are more important things to
be done than debating what term to use.
Everyone who cares already knows that Linux contains a lot of GNU
software. Those who don't care, will well never care.

--
Manish