[ubuntu-in] Microsoft Monopoly

Rohan Garg rohangarg at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 22 17:33:12 UTC 2011

I can assure you that NONE of the OEM's will provide a system without a OS (
with the exception of just a handful of them such as Lenovo/Dell ) because
they get kickbacks from Microsoft for every purchase of a Windows. So
Windows is here to stay for a couple of years, yes i just said that, I don't
expect OEM's to instantly switch to any distro, even Dell hasn't switched
yet even tho its a major supporter of Ubuntu because it still needs some
polishing.So I'd rather support a OEM such as Dell than go for a company
such as HP which does not support any FOSS.

Companies such as zareason are awesome as well, they ship internationally so
id say get a zareason laptop.

So in the end, the main thing that matters here is the money involved.As
long as OEM's get kickbacks from Microsoft, no one will ever switch.

Regards
Rohan Garg