[ubuntu-in] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Microsoft Monopoly

Hardeep Singh hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 22 16:47:34 UTC 2011

From: ubuntu-in-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-in-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Aditya Muley
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:45 PM
To: Ubuntu India Local Community
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [ubuntu-in] [Bulk] Microsoft Monopoly

hello all,
why not simply distribute copies of ubuntu to retailers and ask them to give
consumer a choice between free ubuntu or paid microsoft os ??? Tie ups with
large scale retail formats like croma etc can be set up easily (even by one
single person like you or me, but dont expect to get paid)....

They run the risk of seeing the buyer angrily return to the shop within an
hour of the sale and ask for a refund because he couldn't install Nokia PC
suite or Yahoo Messenger (inbuilt IM be damned).  When both XP and Ubuntu
are available at the same price (FREE) a new user will choose what he's
familiar with. The only way I've been successful in getting people to try
Ubuntu is by telling them it's a PC equivalent of Mac.