[ubuntu-in] Microsoft Monopoly

Abhijit Navale abhijit.foss at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:45:40 UTC 2011

This is an email I am circulatting from lugc mailist list:

Hello all,

When I looked to buy a branded laptop, I felt much bad that I can customize
a laptop *BUT* I MUST select a M$ operating system. And this really is like
forcing us to pay money even if we do not want to buy it. Is there any talks
before this post or is there a way to buy a branded laptop (like HP, DELL or
a sony vaio).

If there is no way, why are we not even trying to make a way?

and also see http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/mrtpc.html

In a depressed mood

--
Mohi
Thats just two lines are not enough. i think we should have a strong

Please have a look at
*Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices*
(MRTPC)
http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/mrtpc.html

*Competition Commission of India*
http://www.cci.gov.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18

We should demand healthy competition in computer industry in india through
our forum. Let me know if we can seriosly do something about this.
Your suggestions are welcome.
--
Abhijit Navale.
Mighty Monkey <http://abhijitnavale.blogspot.com/>  |

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da Vinci.