[ubuntu-in] Netbooks - suggestions and advise

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 07:27:59 UTC 2011

On 2/22/11, Narendra Diwate <narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good points all. A few more things to consider when using a regular distro
> to a netbook specific one is Battery life - I would assume a netbook
> specific OS would give better battery times, also possibility of overheating
> and all those hardware specific quirks that differentiate a netbook from a
> regular system/laptop.

as of now no over heating issues, however where i am its far colder
than the coldest ac

> I think it really makes sense from a usability and long term hardware health
> and durability perspective to go for a Netbook OS on a netbook.
>
> Any other Netbook OS's out there other than UNR?
> Or even netbook customisations to regular OS?
there are tonnes

moblin
jolicloud
easypeasy
crunchee
eeebuntu

etc - run a google and you will get tonnes

however most of them were originall aimed at eeepc, then the acer
aspire one and then the dell mini's

moblin was Intel's attempt at addressing their atom processor

reviews say the jolicloud is the best ?? but aimed at those connected
to a cloud - which is not my case

ram