[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu India LoCo approval renewal

Kingsly John member+ubuntu at kingsly.net
Mon Feb 21 05:29:13 UTC 2011

+++ Bhavani Shankar R [2011-02-21 07:11:23]:

> Hey Aanjhan,
>
> I am ready to help out with my small bit if its useful along with others
>
> Regards

I would strongly advise against involving Bhavani Shankar in this effort.(Or
any efforts of Ubuntu-IN for that matter)

He has a past history of starting dozens of projects/teams and not doing
anything beyond signing off as "team/project lead of XYZ-team" on mailing
lists.

He has repeatedly proven himself to be someone whose sole objective is to
game the system and only contributes to gain karma on launchpad/ gain
"titles" like "Ubuntu Member"/"MOTU" etc

When he's not working towards those goals or once he has achieved them by
hook or (mostly by) crook, he is never around. Also when asked about the
untruths in his profile/questionable ways of his contributions he vanishes
off the face of the earth.

I would suggest he join the Bulgarian or Hungarian Localisation teams where
his contributions seem to have been much more accepted.

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/gparted/+pots/gparted/hu/+filter?person=bhavi

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/mutt/+pots/mutt/bg/+filter?person=bhavi

or even the Australian one.

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/internet/en_AU/+filter?person=bhavi