[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS Is Available for Download

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 02:16:32 UTC 2011

Hi

On topic, I have Ubuntu 10.04.1 iso images with me and feel it a complete
waste of limited bandwidth to again download the whole iso. Is there a way
that i can just download the difference and regenerate/recreate/modify the
iso to 10.04.2.

May be delta patch or torrent or any other way that i don't know of?
Any ideas appreciated.

Also on topic, why isn't ubuntu moving to delta deb (i think that is what it
is called) where to update instead of downloading the whole package only the
difference is downloaded, the package is recreated using the old one and the
update done? I think Fedora uses it. Is this also possible with Debian and
how?

--
Regards

Narendra Diwate