[ubuntu-in] How to build one's own website

"Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್)" mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 05:41:51 UTC 2011

On 02/12/2011 12:25 AM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Hi

Yet another Off-Topic this week
> Am looking to learn how to set up my own website
>

> So had a few questions
>
> what is the simplest software (set of software) to use to design a
> decent website
A Terminal with vim installed should be fine :P

HTML, CSS, PHP should give you a good looking simple website. Which I
have, and don't want to publish here.
> people had suggested Drupal and / or Joomla
I suggest wordpress strongly, I have used Drupal, Joomla, which doesn't
make life simple for newbies.
> any links to an decent How To's or free ebooks for the same.
Google is your friend and look out for others suggestions.