[ubuntu-in] Training Modules for Ubuntu

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:58:24 UTC 2011

Hi

A few weeks back we started teaching young people how to access and
use a computer. we have 2 Ubuntu Machines and one OLPC

The OLPC is good to allow people a feel of a computer, its got some
nice features and it can be played around with.

The other two are running Ubuntu 9.04.

The children have never touched a computer and a few that have been to
other computer classes are taught under the  "see but don't touch"
system.

here we encourage use of the computer and some daily activity / exercise.

Was wondering if there are any teaching modules available to indicate
directions etc.

If such modules are available for Linux and in Hindi it would be
really helpful. However considering the presence of a lot of "wincing"
computers out there we need to kind of also let them know what to
expect from those. So any simple intro to that type of computing would
also be useful.

regards
ram