[ubuntu-in] Netbooks - suggestions and advise

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:43:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some friends are planning to get them selves netbooks - they asked me to do
> the research and also install an appropriate Linux OS. My choice being an
> Ubuntu netbook version

after finding out and follow up with various agencies we've
shortlisted the Samsung N 148
1. “Looks like it’s worth it.” Try it. - NP-N148-DP05IN - Mini
Notebook - Notebook | SAMSUNG. at
<http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook/mini-notebook/NP-N148-DP05IN/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=feature>

considering features, costs, linux compatibiity, and customer service

This one comes with DOS so will install Ubuntu netbook version and let
you know how that goes,

@ Simmtronics - their Customer service continued to be pathetic -
after a few phone calls they said that the devices on their website
were not current and they would send me prices and details it been
about a week and am yet to receive a mail

ram