[ubuntu-in] Liberation fonts versus microsoft's true type core fonts

shuhaibk54 at gmail.com shuhaibk54 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:58:10 UTC 2011

Can you plz find me any job in ubuntu..

----------
Sent from my Nokia Phone

------Original message------
From: Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com>
To: "Ubuntu India Local Community" <ubuntu-in at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:37:48 PM GMT+0530
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-in] Liberation fonts versus microsoft's true type core fonts

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> since last many versions of Ubutnu I am using mscorefonts. that gets
> installed automatically via metapackage 'ubuntu-restricted-extras' using
> 'ttf-mscorefonts-installer'
> I want to use some open source alternative for mscorefonts. how is
> 'ttf-liberation' package? did anyone experience any differences between
> mscorefonts and Liberation fonts?
[...]

I have switched to using Liberation as my fixed-width (terminal)
font, and it is quite nice for this. mscorefonts vs. Liberation depends
on your use case, and personal preferences. I like Liberation better
for daily use, but mscorefonts are typically necessary because of
the prevalence of their use on the web.

Regards,
Gora