[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 11.04

Stereotactic maillist at postinbox.com
Thu Apr 28 14:42:00 UTC 2011

Last heard, Unity had a lot of issues working with the proprietary
drivers. As I understand, its a major release and a step away from the
Gnome 2.xx in the previous version.

If I were you, I would not install Ubuntu 11.04 because apart from the
user interface, there is nothing new in the release barring some changes
in the default applications and a "new" software center (with paid
software).

For the new users, I would recommend the Unity interface to stabilize
and the bugs to be ironed out.

If you are really interested to try out the "new software", you could
install ppa's instead.