[ubuntu-in] SOFTWARE INSTALLATION THROUGH CD-DVD-USB

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 07:15:45 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Narendra Diwate <narendra.diwate at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM, sandeep kumar <tony_gr8 at yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>
>> SIR,
>>        CAN WE INSTALL PROGRAMS FROM CD ,DVD, USB IN A UBUNTU SYSTEM COZ I
>> HAVE PC WORLD DVD
>>
>> CONTAINS SOME LINUX SOFTWARE AND I CAN NOT ABLE TO INSTALL IT AS THAT WE
>> DO ON
>>
>> WINDOW SYSTEMS .
>>
>> IS INTERNET IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ON UBUNTU
>>
>>  LINUX SYSTEMS?
>>
>> SANDEEP KUMAR
>>

> Ouch. It hurts. Do you think that everybody reading your mail is sight
> challenged or hard of hearing. Or is your caps lock stuck. Pl DONT use caps
> in any mail. Google and find out why?
>
> You can install from a CD/DVD if the software is ubuntu compatible. It is
> certainly not like where you double click on a exe file.
> It is NOT difficult, it is different.
>
> Read these:
> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware
> http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-in-Ubuntu
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware
>
> There is also something called a Software Center and/or synaptic package
> manager in Ubuntu, where you can get the software you need.
>
> BYW: What software do you want to install from the CD/DVD.
>

> Narendra Diwate

I like the quote "It is NOT difficult, it is different."

Dear Sandeep, welcome to the world of Ubuntu (Linux).
Yes, Internet is the easiest way to get the softwares, but mind you have to
pay for Internet only.
There are other ways also, will get them as you explore them ..........

Best wishes ...........

Arun