[ubuntu-in] Attacks on Linux Servers

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 18:22:42 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Those that are in the IT field managing Servers and Networking, Admin,
> Security : Would you agree on this:
> "Linux is a larger target for viruses and malware, as it dominates the
> server industry, and that's where the important data and real meat of
> attacks are attempted."
>
> This is said as if it is currently happening.
> So your views.
>
> Source: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9826809#post9826809
>//lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-in

It may be the target.
But linux is secured. The linux admin can make it secured as we can
not inhale corbon-di-oxide, even we it is there all around us.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in