[ubuntu-in] Problem with NFS Installation

Vaibhao Tatte vaibhao.comps at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:06:58 BST 2010

Hello,

For my project need, I need to install NFS by compiling Kernel.
During configuration I have checked the corresponding NFS V3 options.

After booting into the compiled Kernel, I am not able to run the NFS.
Basically  daemon required for NFS are not there like rpc.mountd & few
other. But NFS is listed in /proc/filesystems

So I need to know the procedure for installing NFS by compiling kernel.

If you want any output of system, please let me know. I will paste it here.

Help in this will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Vaibhao