[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu/Knoppix on ext2/ext3 FS on usb stick

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 05:38:24 BST 2010

Dear all,

Anyone can light on this,

I'm installing Linux on my usb 16GB stick , but I'm wondering why only
vfat partition is needed to install the Linux on usb stick , why we
can't use extX type of FS to install the Linux????  is it necessary to
have vfat partition to install Linux instead of its native FS... ? is
there any solution for this ?

I came to know that , SYSLINUX uses vfat .... thats why it is required
... but the same thing never happened in case of HDD ... I never
formated my hdd with vft to install Linux, it boots from extX type of
partition ... then why we need to format usb stick with vfat ????

Warm Regards
--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/